Rain Tree Apartment Complex Fire - Marcus Officer
A fire tore through a San Angelo Apartment Saturday evening. Shortly after 9 pm fire crews responded to a fire at the Rain Tree Apartment Complex...
The Fire Marshal's office said the fire started after a resident placed a piece of fire wood, which they resident thought was not lit. That piece of fire wood ignited on the balcony and then quickly spread throughout this second floor apartment.
Fire official's said the high winds at the time, which were close to 25 mph, contributed to the piece of fire wood igniting and the fire spreading throughout the apartment. No one was inside the room at the time and no one was injured in the blaze.
Fire Offical's said the apartment did have smoke detectors and said they ruled it was an accidental fire.
Two nearby apartments suffered water and smoke damage.
The Fire Mrshal's office said the apartment was not a complete loss and they were able to salvage some items.