More than two dozen toys have recently been recalled for either lead paint or for choking hazards. But parents...be warned you may not realize your child has consumed the chemical or even swallowed toy.
It is a subtle risk. It can cause brain damage, hearing loss and kidney damage. It's not necessarily something you're going to have symptoms of. If you get enough paint off of one Serg. car you can get some damage. You'll have vomiting, and headaches and that can be life threatening. If you swallow one magnet and another, they can attached inside the intestine. It can disrupt the bowel. And when the bowel contents leak out that can be life threatening. Says Dr. Karl Wehner.
Fortunately is there is treatment for your little one, depending on how much he has come in contact with the chemical.
There are some medicines you can take. If it's high enough, there are medicines you can take, to help lower the lead in the blood systems. And addressed and fix, metal objects can be seen from an x-ray. But initially vomiting, and headaches and you don't know they're eating magnets, you see a toy that's broken let us know. Says Dr. Wehner.
As you can see the Toy Hazard Recall List is endless. Pediatricians encouraged parents to periodically check the website for toys that may harm your child.
But not everything may make the news. So the reason for you looking is so that a toy you may have may have been on the list. Says Dr. Wehner.
Health experts remind parents to regularly check their child's toys for missing parts, durability and paint condition. If the toy is broken, it might be best to get rid of the toy all toghether. JJKLST NEWS.